- New In Store
A Hard Day's Night 2DVD
Delivery from £5.07
* Delivery cost to United States of America (based on your detected location) for a single item. Adding multiple items to your order can reduce the cost per item. Choosing a different delivery option can change the cost per item. Final delivery cost will be shown in order review page.
- Sorry Sold Out
- Product code
- Double DVD
For the fiftieth anniversary of its world premiere in London, the epoch-making music movie has been digitally restored in 4K resolution from the original camera negative by the Criterion Collection's restoration team. The resulting image, approved by director Richard Lester, will feature a soundtrack remixed and remastered for modern 5.1 sound systems by producer Giles Martin and engineer Sam Okell at Abbey Road Studios.
In 1964 the biggest band on the planet made their big screen debut with A Hard Day s Night, a groundbreaking film that presented a typical day in the life of The Fab Four as they tried to outrun screaming fans, find Paul s mischievous grandfather, deal with a stressed TV producer and make it to the show on time.
Directed with unrelenting verve by Richard Lester, whose innovative techniques paved the way for generations of music videos, the film s frenetic mix of comic escapades, legendary one-liners and pop perfection captured a moment in time that defined a generation. The most iconic band in music history had arrived.
New 4k restoration approved by director Richard Lester
Mono soundtrack as well as newly created 5.1 surround and stereo mixes supervised by sound producer Giles Martin at Abbey Road Studios.
Audio presented in 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, uncompressed Stereo and Mono
- In Their Own Voices - a new piece combining 1964 interviews with The Beatles with behind-the-scenes footage and photos
- You Can t Do That: The Making of A Hard Day s Night
- a documentary by producer Walter Shenson including an outtake performance by The Beatles
- Things They Said Today - featuring director Richard Lester music producer George Martin, screenwriter Alun Owen and cinematographer Gilbert Taylor
- Picturewise - a new piece about Richard Lester s early work featuring a new audio interview with the director
- Anatomy of a Style - a new piece on Richard Lester s methods
- New interview with author Mark Lewisohn
- Audio commentary with cast and crew
- New 50th Anniversary Trailer
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the hearing impaired
- New In Store